Friday, September 19, 2014

Color Dare meets Technique Challenge

Today I've been inspired by the my favorites challenges over at H2H. I'm a CTMH consultant so these favorites have been HARD to narrow down to just one and for most of them I had to post at LEAST twice because I LOVE LOVE LOVE so many that I CAN'T just say one is my favorite.  So for this post on my favorite technique I settled on is resist embossing because it is SO versatile!!!!!!

I let the colors featured at Color Dare Olive, Cranberry, Sorbet, Lagoon, and Pacifica be my palette for this project. I also used the stamp set Your own Kind of Wonderful as well as clear embossing powder that i mixed with Prisma Glitter which I've been hording away in hopes that CTMH will bring it back SOON!



So for this technique after I used my versamark and heat gun; I used a dauber to swipe the colors over the embossed image.  This makes the images pop as the embossing resists the ink leaving it white. 

To check out more Favorite techniques or Colorful inspirations follow the links........

H2H Technique Challenge           or          Color Dare #111

9 comments:

  1. Great card! Thanks for joining us at H2H Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous & Fun! I love how you did the angle coloured stripes for your resisting technique. Thank you for sharing with us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye popping! Love the bright stripes and embossed butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Pam! It looks so bright and cheery! I'm glad you shared it with us at Color My Heart Color Dare--thanks for linking up to our gallery again!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold colors which make the embossed images really pop. What a fun and cheerful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you ink the top piece at the same time you did the bottom piece? Or did you do it after? I'm thinking at the same time as it seems to match up so well. This was sponge dauber and reinker? Or ink pad? TIA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love resist embossing! So glad you shared your card and your layout for the H2H Favorite Technique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours, Pam, love the results! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love the vibrant colours! 12. Sheila Bennett

    ReplyDelete