Sunday, August 4, 2013

Artbooking in August #1 Card

 
Wow we have about 40 ladies in this blog hop and EVERY Monday this month we will each feature one of 4 projects! The projects include a double 12x12 layout, a card, mini book, home decor or giftable. So sit back and grab a something sweet to drink and let yourself be inspired!
 
If you've hopped here from Paige Dolecki's blog you are in the right place. This is my Artbooking creation for week one.  This card is for a horizontal card swap using my paper pack of choice.  WHAT chose just one . . . . well I just couldn't so this card uses my 2 Favorites from the current catalog.   I LOVE those sunburst layouts that are so trendy right now but I'm not to crazy about the cutting.
 
 
WELL I used the "T" key on the Artbooking Cartridge. It  has 2 layouts using the starburst and the "10things" key has 2 as well. For my card I thought the "T" key using overlay with shift on was the one that worked best. In the Cricut Craft Room I sized it to fit a 4.25 x 5.5 Card.  I then cut 2 one in Laughing Lola and One In Pro Player.  I inked the Proplayer with Pacifica craft ink and Laughing Lola with Gypsy.  The sentiment is from Casual Expresions.  The circles for the sentiment are from the "allstar" key on the border setting with shift on;  one is cut at 1.5 and the other is 1.75.  Last but not least I used Liquid glass on stars cut from the Coordinating papers using the "m" key set on icon at .55.  Well now it is time for you to keep on hopping over to Marie Flayer's blog to be inspired!

9 comments:

  1. Totally different than what I had imagined but is sooo works! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you mixed the two paper packets! Your rocked the concept!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Pam! I love the paper combinations--very bold and striking!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking colors and I like the little stars you added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how the liquid glass makes your stars pop. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete